Friday, October 1, 2010

Salsa at Galería Café Libro

Learning and dancing Salsa (and other Latin styles) was one thing in Salamanca... here it's the real thing! Well, at least Colombian style. Last week, Zayrho and I headed to Bogotá for a concert of the Salsa band La Conmoción. Amazing!!!! There was a cover to get into the Salsa club called Galería Café Libro, but it was well worth the 15,000 Colombian pesos each (which is only about $6 in the US).


We enjoyed some appetizers, mojitos (yummmmm... remember that Salsa comes from Cuba, and so do Mojitos!!), live music by La Conmoción, and lots of dancing. Here are a few pictures and a little video treat for you, so maybe you can feel like you were actually there:

And finally, what you've all been waiting for... the video! Galería Café Libro presents, on September 22, 2010... La Conmoción


Soooo much more to come, now that I have time since I've finished all of my Spain summer quarter homework and have plenty of time for blogging! :) ...and I have a lot to show about beautiful Colombia!

A special shout out to my Dad on his birthday! Happy birthday, Dad!!

...catch me later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment